Responding to 2 thread <2.6.23.8 - Hang with sata_mv (7042)...> AND <Bug: get EXT3-fs error Allocating block in system zone>

I am a little confused as to exactly what thread I am to respond to
and/or what requests...but lets try this and see if I get close?

I have the <far> below mentioned hardware/configuration (flat 4Gig
of DDR mem (0x0_000_0000 to 0x1_000_0000)...PPC/8548E - 36bit addressing

As can be seen below - Mark has asked me try patching my sata_mv
(and scsi_lib) with some patches from the second thread in subject:

    1) Disable 64bit DMA in sata_mv (equivalent of the CAP_64 for
       AHCI) and disabling the bounce:

    2) Disable queue bounce limit in drivers/scsi/scsi_lib.c

+#if 0
         blk_queue_bounce_limit(q, scsi_calculate_bounce_limit(shost));
+#endif

Mark had already asked me to try #1 a while back - and that didn't work.
So, I tried #2 - and now it doesn't hang for me went writing a large
File (which was my error condition)...

So, as Linux suggested in his email, it looks like something
is wrong in the bounce buffering? What - somebody will have
to look into this further...

Is that enough info Mark - let me know what you else you want me
to try with my setup...

Tom