Re: sata_inic162x driver for 2.6.19 timeouts etc

Jeff Garzik wrote:
> Alan Cox wrote:
>>> both the reading and writing are seriously broken.  I can't tell whether
>>> they end up in the wrong sectors or garbage is transferred to/from the
>>> right sectors.
>>
>> Does this occur regardless of which interface you use (the register
>> shadow or the DMA command engine ?)
>
> I'm curious of this as well.

Oh well, I never got around to get the ADMA mode working.  The sunix
driver is TF/quasi-BMDMA based (w/o CONTROL register so I'm pretty sure
they have some problem with LBA48).  The docs[1] I have only have
register description and nothing about the programming model.  Me being
not familiar with ADMA, my try didn't go very far.  IIRC, I couldn't
nudge the controller into the ADMA mode.  Is ADMA some kind of
standardized programming interface?

Ah... another thing to note.  The sata_inic162x uses 0xFF status after
reset before it receives the first D2H Reg FIS from the device thus
making libata believe that there's no device attached to the port.  I
have no idea why they had to use 0xFF for that but they did.  :-(

It seems we'll have to consider 0xFF a valid wait state if SCR is valid
and indicates device presence.  Well, that sounds like a good idea anyway.

Thanks.

--
tejun
-