Re: sata_inic162x driver for 2.6.19 timeouts etc

--- Mark Lord <liml@xxxxxx> wrote:
> Bob Stewart wrote:
> > By the way,
> > the drive I'm using to play with this now is only an 80GB drive.
>
> Most newer drives are still capable of LBA48, even when they are
> small enough to not require it for sector addressing.
>
> If a large enough I/O (more than 256 sectors) is generated,
> then libata may use LBA48 to complete a request on such drives.

Is there an easy way to tell whether the command was sent as
LBA48, say, in the driver's bmdma_start function or even in the
hardreset function after the fact?  One of my tests was using a 64
sector limit, with pretty much the same results.  I always test against
the same file, and the results, including the number of timeouts, are
different from test to test.
-