Re: Fwd: [LIBATA] drives not detected

Patrick Ale wrote:
> On 2/16/07, Albert Lee <albertcc@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> To make the fun even more fun.
> when I compile the old IDE drivers, rmmod the libata ones and modprobe
> the IDE drivers for my Promise card, the drives DO get detected.

Hmm...if you can use IDE driver for your root partition, change #undef
ATA_DEBUG to #define ATA_DEBUG in include/linux/libata.h and rebuild the
kernel.  After booting, insmod pata_pdc2027x and please report what the
kernel says.  It might be that the controller doesn't interact well with
libata's device discovery code using reset.  IDE drivers use different
method for device detection so that's probably where the difference is
coming from.

Thanks.

--
tejun