Re: Fwd: [LIBATA] drives not detected

1. Hmm, the patch looks useless: if the port is disabled, there should
be a error message saying "port disabled. ignoring". But we don't see such
message. So, please disregard the patch. If you have time, please try if any
previous kernel version like 2.6.17 to 2.6.19 works.

Yep, will do, I'm sorry I cant test it right away, but when I reboot I
get dumped into the GRUB bash shell, which is not very cool when
you're 60KM away from where the server is (at home).

It seems scsi_add_host() is completed for scsi11. But the boot probe
detects nothing. Adding Tejun to the cc list for advice.

This is actually what I find the weirdest, (not the CC-ing Tejun :P) ,
I'd expect the driver to give me the same abnormal status error it
gives me for the ports I have no drives attached to.

I'll test asap!

Patrick
-