Re: [Fwd: [BUG] sata_via doesn't detect anymore my disks (broken between rc1 and rc3)]

Tejun Heo <htejun@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

> >> Arghh... Sorry.  I sent the wrong version.  This patch is against
> >> #upstream while I should have sent the one against
> >> #upstream-fixes.

> >> I've attached whole sata_via.c to the other mail.  I think that
> >> should do the trick.
> > It didn't (tested by overwriting 2.6.18-rc4-mm2's driver).
> > I tried a few reset methods combinations w/os success.
> > Like in other faillure cases, the driver saw the two links but
> > failed to see the hd attached to the second sata link.
>
> Hmmm.. That's very weird.  The detection sequence is almost
> identical to the original code.  Argh.....  Any ideas?

It looks like the error managment has effects on the disc discovering.
You wrote "vt6421 fails to detect attached device if SCR registers are
accessed with the wrong timing".
Maybe should we increase the timing?
-