Re: Promise TX4 + SiI 3726 : only one disk visible

Jérôme VUARAND wrote:
Latest libata feature table mentions port multiplier support as "(patch available)". Is that "patch" refering to tejun patch ? If not is that an evolution or another branch ? Where is it available ? It don't seem to be inside 2.6.17-rc4-git2-libata1.patch, but I had only a quick look at the patch content.

Yeap, it probably is referring to my patch. The PM part is not included in any other trees yet. PM is gonna take some time to get merged. Also, 3726 needs a quirk patch to work with the current PMP support. I'm still trying to sort out hotplug spinup delaying, so it might take some time.

If I should still use 2.6.16.16 <http://2.6.16.16> and tj patches, is porting 0121-sata_sil24-implement-PM-support.patch to sata_promise enough or are the other sata_sil24 patches also needed (0117 to 0122) ?

Actually, it's a bigger than the said patch. To do PM, sata_promise must be converted to new EH and thus to use hotplug framework, then, the PM support. Look at how many patches update sata_sil24 in my patch series.

Also Jeff mentionned information about port multiplier support in PDC205xx. Is there any documentation freely available somewhere ? I looked on Promise site but found nothing. Should I contact Promise myself as a customer to obtain documentation or maybe look at Promise driver ?

The doc is available under NDA. I don't know about Promise's NDA policy but in my experience getting docs is often difficult.

--
tejun
-