Re: i2c: slave support framework improvements

Hello,

just want to remind my usage scenario where I have control board connected via i2c-mux switch to a number of Node. Control board and Nodes implements IPMB proto: each device acts as Slave (receive requests) and Master (send answers). Logically, there is one Master and many Slaves. Only Control board may switch i2c channel and talk to Nodes. CB's slave is constant (usually 0x20). To achieve this in our setup we instantiate a number of i2c-clients (dummy) and slaves with the same address. E.g. 0x11 for client write (Node) and 0x20 for slave read (ourselves, to receive answers from nodes).

Therefore, we should treat i2c-switch as one-way gate with multi-master.

Thanks.