Re: Ubuntu: network bridging between wireless and wired connection fails

Nicolas de Pesloüan schreef:
> That beeing said, Jonathan might be right about the need for WDS...
> Can you have a look at the AP configuration, searching for a WDS setup
> ? Because if it works on Windows, without WDS (if disabled or
> unavailable on the AP), then we can assume that WDS is not required,
> even on Linux (the wifi interface is able to receive traffic for
> another MAC).
>
> If the AP is WDS enabled, then... WDS might be necessary... and
> nothing can be done if the driver for you wifi interface does not
> support it...
http://www.linksysinfo.org/forums/showthread.php?t=47118

I'm having the WRT54GS router, and the explanation above tells me how to
configre WDS.
However, when I look in my admin panel, I cannot find a tab: "WDS". I
guess my firmware is pretty old :-)