Re: Ubuntu: network bridging between wireless and wired connection fails

2009/5/5 Nicolas de Pesloüan <nicolas.2p.debian@xxxxxxx>:
> When you setup the bridge at the beginning, the br0 interface takes the MAC
> address of eth1. Then you add eth0 and the bridge takes the MAC address of
> eth0, because it is lower.
>
> Can you try to use the bridge-hw option of /etc/network/interfaces, to force
> the bridge MAC address to the MAC address of the wireless interface ? This
> might solve the communication problem for UBUNTU SERVER... but unfortunately
> probably not for the bridging function.

I think you mean bridge_hw (with an underscore instead of a dash?). I
can't find any information about bridge-hw in the man pages.

So, I need to specify it in the bridge stanza like this:
bridge_hw ##HERE_COMES_THE_MAC_ADDRESS_OF_THE_EHT1_INTERFACE##

Right?

> That beeing said, Jonathan might be right about the need for WDS... Can you
> have a look at the AP configuration, searching for a WDS setup ? Because if
> it works on Windows, without WDS (if disabled or unavailable on the AP),
> then we can assume that WDS is not required, even on Linux (the wifi
> interface is able to receive traffic for another MAC).
>
> If the AP is WDS enabled, then... WDS might be necessary... and nothing can
> be done if the driver for you wifi interface does not support it...

Just to be sure: with AP you mean: Access Point? So in my case, the router?
I will check it tonight (I'm not at home right now!)

Thanks for your tips, I'll keep you updated!