Re: [ANNOUNCE] DVB API improvements End-user point of view

Hello,

On Fri, 26 Sep 2008 06:50:07 +0200
"Markus Rechberger" <mrechberger@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> permanent development for the last couple of months.
> All you could do there is to take out the usbids copy it to
> linuxtv.org and play against all the people
> who contributed to the other tree and which is manufacturer supported.
>
> I'd really better think twice if you want to keep up reverse
> engineered drivers with linux which are capable
> of melting devices (this happens with wrong configurations).
>
> Why am I interested in DVB? Because we have devices supporting
> multiple standards which are yet
> not directly supported by the DVB framework.

IMO, since I start in v4l/dvb you are always interested in create new
flame wars. Sorry my sincerely.

If you are really interested about v4l/dvb users why I don't see you in
plumbers conference to understand your point of view and discuss with
API is better?

> The lies that I forked off the driver which I initially submitted to
> linuxtv is ridiculous as you modified the wiki
> site on linuxtv.org. See all that you and Mauro basically have done is
> copying the code from mcentral.de

Yes, "always copying your forked and GPL code".

> and trying to build up a second front against the manufacturer
> supported work.

It's not true.

> I'm seriously for a new Maintainer election here, let's see what will
> come up during the next few days.

Keep working Markus.

Cheers,
Douglas