Re: [ANNOUNCE] DVB API improvements End-user point of view

On Fri, Sep 26, 2008 at 3:27 AM, Douglas Schilling Landgraf
<dougsland@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> On Fri, 26 Sep 2008 01:37:12 +0200
> hermann pitton <hermann-pitton@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
>

>> Who the hell is VDR User <user.vdr@xxxxxxxxx> ?
>> Klaus himself?
>>
>> At least he knows nothing about Mauro's real work on video4linux.
>
> Agreed. He's *totally lost* about Mauro's work.
>
>> To prepare the kernel sync and give the patchmonkey on Johannes'
>> request for dvb too, are only a very few percent of his work and the
>> "thanks" he had for this so far are it not worth at all ...
>>
>> On all other major projects, where he is the maintainer, such absurd
>> stuff did never happen.
>>
>> The dvb guys inside don't get their stuff together and do exclude each
>> other. At least Steve had no other choice than to come up with his own
>> solution.
>
> Definitely.
>
>> What a bullshit to accuse Mauro of missing maintainer ship, all asked
>> him to stay out as far as possible to continue to play there own
>> games!
>
> For sure, there are people here trying this every single day.
> Insted of spend time improving drivers they prefer attack Mauro and
> people that are working hard in their spare time.
>
>> But they just load the daily dirt on him they preferably don't like to
>> care themselves for at all, including patch reviewing in many parts.
>>
>> Also Mike did more integration work across the frameworks than anyone
>> else during the last year. That by the way.
>
> Agreed.

the merge request has been pushed out for for Manu's code.

I'm also dealing alot with DVB and related issues (eg. the i2c messup,
as for the cx88 based
devices pcmcia iomem reservation back then .. and many other issues
which went through other
subsystems).

That there's no progress at the other sides is not true:
http://mcentral.de/hg/~mrec/em28xx-new/shortlog

permanent development for the last couple of months.
All you could do there is to take out the usbids copy it to
linuxtv.org and play against all the people
who contributed to the other tree and which is manufacturer supported.

I'd really better think twice if you want to keep up reverse
engineered drivers with linux which are capable
of melting devices (this happens with wrong configurations).

Why am I interested in DVB? Because we have devices supporting
multiple standards which are yet
not directly supported by the DVB framework.

The lies that I forked off the driver which I initially submitted to
linuxtv is ridiculous as you modified the wiki
site on linuxtv.org. See all that you and Mauro basically have done is
copying the code from mcentral.de
and trying to build up a second front against the manufacturer supported work.

I'm seriously for a new Maintainer election here, let's see what will
come up during the next few days.

Markus