Re: TT S2-3200 + CI Extension

Roger James wrote:
Werner Hauger wrote:
So what revision of the CI board do you have ?

I'm glad you got it working. I wonder if that means there we indeed
have different CI firmware on new CI boards that need to be catered
for in the driver.

budget_ci: Slot status d587c000 set to NONE 3 ci_version a0

Werner,

The version number printed on the CI board is 1.0A. The firmware version reported by the board is 0xa0 (it is at the end of the above diagnostic.

I think it might be an idea to patch the driver to log the version by default so we can build a picture of which firmware/board/CAM combinations generate interrupts. I am bit suspicious of the fact that my 1.0 rev of the CI board is not generating interrupts in this case, whereas you said in an earlier posting that you had a 1.0 rev of the board that was generating interrupts with a Nova S card (were you using a TT CI board with a Hauppauge card, I am little confused). I should be getting an AstonCrypt CAM in the next few days. I want to test that and see if that does generate interrupts with my 1.0A CI board before I would suggest adding firmware version 0xa0 to the list of the ones that do not generate interrupts.

Roger
Werner,

I spoke slightly too soon. I tested using gnutv -cammenu and got a "CAWrite failed" message. I managed to fix this by increasing the timeout in dvb_ca_en50221_io_write to 10 seconds ( from 0.5 seconds). I am not too hopeful of success when I try some real decrypting, but that will have to wait for a while.

Roger
I have now got hold of an AstonCrypt 1.05 CAM and done a quick test against it. Once again the CI board required polling to initialise properly, so it looks like this is related to the firmware version and not specific to a particular CAM. However I am still not entirely convinced. This is because of two factors; firstly CAM insertion and removal interrupts are generated, and secondly I still have not managed to get sensible data out of the card when the CAM and a smartcard is inserted, even on unencrypted channels. But this may be finger trouble and lack of understanding of the dvb-apps utils.

On the second factor. I have been testing using gnutv and szap. One thing I notice is that I can get a FE lock reported using szap, I cannot get one using gnutv. Any ideas anyone?

Roger