Re: Digital tuning failing on Pinnacle 800i with dmesg output

James Lucas wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 13, 2008 at 8:40 PM, James Lucas <orbus42@xxxxxxxxx
> <mailto:orbus42@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
>
>     Anyway, update.  Installed in the windows machine, and got the
>     drivers installed successfully, but the player software that comes
>     with the card requires windows xp, and the newest version of windows
>     I have is 2000.  I know analog capture is pretty well supported in
>     windows by things like virtualdub and media player classic, but do
>     you know of any apps I can use to test the HD functionality?
>
>     While I had the card out, got the following from visual inspection:
>
>     Printed on the PCB:
>     pctv 800i rev 1.1
>
>     There were two large visible chips on the card:
>     Samsung C649 S5H1409X01-T0  N079X
>
>     Conexant Broadcast Decoder  CX23883-39  72013496  0729 Korea
>
>     I imagine the tuner chip is hidden under the metal box (shielding?).
>
>     James
>

> Another update - I spoke too soon.  One of the windows drivers is
> refusing to load properly.  I don't know if the signifies a bad card or
> just that the driver doesn't work on anything less than xp.  I don't
> have any way to test at the moment.  I'm happy to try anything you want
> in the way of diagnosis under linux though.

I don't think anyone else is reporting i2c issues on that board, so it's
possible you just have a bad unit.

It goes without saying, try to bring up the baord on a supported windows
platform to verify it... or perhaps take it to a neighbours house a
wreck his xp install ;)

If you get to the point of it working in windows but not on Linux then
we'll be able to make progress.

- Steve