Re: Digital tuning failing on Pinnacle 800i with dmesg output

On Wed, Aug 13, 2008 at 8:06 PM, James Lucas <orbus42@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Thanks.

No idea if it works on windows - opened the card and popped it directly into the linux box.  I've got a windows machine I guess I could stick it in and try it out.  Might be too slow for proper HD decoding...  Anything in particular I should be looking for, or just see if it works?

James

Whoops - looks like I might have sent my last reply directly to Steven.  Sorry about that.

Anyway, update.  Installed in the windows machine, and got the drivers installed successfully, but the player software that comes with the card requires windows xp, and the newest version of windows I have is 2000.  I know analog capture is pretty well supported in windows by things like virtualdub and media player classic, but do you know of any apps I can use to test the HD functionality?

While I had the card out, got the following from visual inspection:

Printed on the PCB:
pctv 800i rev 1.1

There were two large visible chips on the card:
Samsung C649 S5H1409X01-T0  N079X

Conexant Broadcast Decoder  CX23883-39  72013496  0729 Korea

I imagine the tuner chip is hidden under the metal box (shielding?).

James