Re: merhaba: About Avermedia DVB-S Hybrid+FM A700

Can somebody tell me, how to apply Matthias Schwarzott's patches;
* where is patches ?
* what is base package/patch ?
* is there any special command/way, or is it standard patch -p1 command, ?

to inform you, my linux knowledge:
i am a linux system programmer, system engineer,
but i have no much knowledge about kernel compile, kernel patching,
only in last week, i did (firstly in my life) 2 successfull compiles
of kernel 2.6.26.rc2 (but i could not get sound... )
i use ubuntu hardy 8.04, i used
http://www.howtoforge.com/kernel_compilation_ubuntu to compile new
kernel.

i hope i will be able to apply matthias' patches... if i can get correct info...

how i can help you/v4l/dvb/linuxtv/linux/kernel community:
(i am no kernel developer, but i can test basic codes, or apply basic
patches, i have basic c programming skills.. i program php, bash,
python, )
* i can test new drivers with my hardware, i currently have avertv
dvb-s hybrid+fm  card..
* i can make small fixes to code, drivers, but  i need assistance
firstly an assistance on how to start, howto do...
* ?? anything else... ??

See you,

--
İ.Bahattin Vidinli