Re: merhaba: About Avermedia DVB-S Hybrid+FM A700

On Samstag, 17. Mai 2008, bvidinli wrote:
> Hi,
> thank you for your answer,
>
> may i ask,
>
> what is meant by "analog  input", it is mentioned on logs that:" only
> analog inputs supported yet.." like that..
> is that mean: s-video, composit ?

Yeah. The patch already merged into v4l-dvb repository and also merged into
kernel 2.6.26 does only support s-video and compite input of both A700 cards
(Avermedia AverTV dvb-s Pro and AverTV DVB-S Hybrid+FM).

The other pending patches do add support for DVB-S input to both card
versions. But this is not yet ready for being merged.
At least here the tuning is not yet reliable for some frequencies (or does get
no lock depending very hardly on some tuner gain settings). But most
transponders of Astra-19.2°E I can get a good lock.

This is the latest version of the patch:
http://dev.gentoo.org/~zzam/dvb/a700_full_20080519.diff

About RF analog input I cannot do much, as I do not have the hardware, and for
XC2028 tuner one needs to check out the GPIO configuration.

If you would like to help you could try out or trace gpio lines some way to
get RF input running. As far as I know to get XC2028 running you need to find
out which pin does reset the tuner to finish firmware uploading.

Regards
Matthias