Re: TechnoTrend 2300 DVB-C, does it work?

hermann pitton wrote:
> yes, that was reported by countless people, but I'm not there.

I can confirm this. Almost every channel is encrypted apart from a few
apparently random exceptions. I can watch NL 1 and Comedy Central FTA
even though they're completely unrelated and Comedy Central is even part
of an optional package if I recall correctly.. strange. Many radio
channels are freely available though.
> This was only one of the reasons to ask Manu to stop advertising the new
> expensive stuff that hard in Europe. The same goes for free S2. It is
> nothing more than some blown up "muppets" show you get for now, at least
> in Germany.
>
> The work is fine, but people need to know how far they can get with it
> on their place for now.
>
> Results about pointing to it are known ... ;)
>
> Cheers,
> Hermann

Last night I made a couple of new attempts, recompiling the very latest
mantis driver on my Debian box. The card gets detected properly, as
usual, but now I notice something new. I get an error message: DVB:
invalid PC card inserted :(

I assume that has to do with the Alphacrypt I have installed in my
Mantis board? I have yet to pull it out and test again but so far, with
the Alphacrypt inserted, there's still no result whatsoever. After some
loud protest from my girlfriend I had to give up, reboot into Windows
and let her watch her favorite detective.. So frustrating!

Thanks for everyone's help so far though.

Bas