Technotrend S2-3200 (Or Technisat Skystar HD) on LinuxMCE 0710 (Kubuntu Feisty)

Good morning all,

I'm having difficulty getting my DVB-S2 card to work on LinuxMCE 0710
(Kubuntu Feisty, kernel 2.6.22-14-generic) I'll start with some lspci
info to prove the card is connected:

lspci -v:
04:01.0 Multimedia controller: Philips Semiconductors SAA7146 (rev 01)
        Subsystem: Technotrend Systemtechnik GmbH S2-3200
        Memory at febffc00 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=512]

I can compile the drivers just fine, I followed the instructions from
this French page:
http://wilco.bercot.org/debian/s2-3200.html
<http://wilco.bercot.org/debian/s2-3200.html>(I don't completely
understand French, but we all speak code!)

But after loading the drivers I don't get a /dev/dvb folder.
My dmesg output only shows this message:
saa7146: register extension 'budget_ci dvb'.

My problem reminds me of this one, from this mailing list:
http://www.linuxtv.org/pipermail/linux-dvb/2007-May/018287.html

However, on that post (which is over a year old) they're talking about
other drivers from the same author (stb0899-v4l-dvb) which seem to be
part of the multiproto drivers now.
(Adding to all the confusion is another driver called "multiproto-plus".)

Basically, I'm following year old tutorials and I don't know which
driver is correct.

I do know that both drivers requires some kind of patch, but for the
multiproto drivers this seems to be for a newer kernel ("Patch pour
noyau 2.6.24") and the patch for the stb0899-v4l-dvb is a dead-link now.

Keep in mind that I have not connected my LNB yet  - I still need to put
up my satellite tonight, but I should still be able to see the /dev/dvb
links, no?

Thank you for your time!

Jelle De Loecker
<http://jusst.de/manu/stb0899-v4l-dvb.tar.bz2>