Re: Testers wanted for alternative version of Terratec Cinergy T2 driver

Tomi Orava a écrit :> > Hi Thierry,> > And thanks a lot for your patch. I've now updated the> Cinergy T2 driver patch with your remote control cleanup.> >>> However, I did not replace the original Cinergy T2 driver>>> as I think that this new driver should be located in the>>> very same directory as the rest of the usb-dvb drivers.>>>>> Agreed, but you should remove the old cinergyT2 driver.> > Ok, the attached version of the patch does remove the old driver.> >> Furthermore there is another issue: when I plug the device, the device>> usage count is set to 0.>> When I remove the device the device usage count goes to -1 (displayed as>> 4294967295).>> This is a misbehavior of the dvb framework but perhaps something needs to>> be initialized somewhere in the driver. I will look at it...dvb-usb:>> TerraTec/qanu USB2.0 Highspeed DVB-T Receiver successfully initialized and>> connected.>> I noticed this error when I plug the device (I load manually the driver>> before, so I suspect a thing in the probe function):> > In my understanding this is a bug in the dvb-usb-framework that cannot> be fixed in Cinergy T2 driver. I checked that if you DON'T define the> menuconfig option:> > "Load and attach frontend and tuner driver modules as needed" ie.> the CONFIG_MEDIA_ATTACH> > The framework will use a different version of the function called> "dvb_frontend_detach" and thefore it will not call the symbol_put_addr> on linux/drivers/media/dvb/dvb-core/dvb_frontend.c line 1220.> With this option deselected the module reference count seems to stay> in sane values.> >> I will look at the module count problem and the irrecord problem, we are>> close to propose this beautiful patch ;)> > Heh,heh :)> > Regards,> Tomi Orava> > > Just one thing missing, sorry: the SOB line!Please see http://www.linuxtv.org/v4lwiki/index.php/How_to_submit_patchesA bit procedural, but these rules are applied for every patch over the linux kernel and makes easier the maintainer's life.ThanksThierry