Re: Testers wanted for alternative version of Terratec Cinergy T2 driver

Tomi Orava a écrit :> Hi Thierry,>>   >> what is the status of this driver enhancement?>> Is there a blocking issue to integrate it in the v4l-dvb tree?>> If I can help you to solve any issue, please tell me.>>     >> I don't think there should be any blocking issues with this driver.> The remote controller functionality could be improved to work better> with LIRC's irrecord utility, but that's about all for now.>> Currently it's more or less a question of what I have to do in order to> get the driver included into the official tree ?>   Well, I see some issues after taking a closer look at your driver:1- checkpatch.pl raises errors: 90 errors, 53 warnings, 995 lines checked2- there is a compilation error (I applied the patch on the latestv4l-dvb tree):cinergyT2-core.c: In function 'cinergyt2_usb_probe':cinergyT2-core.c:138: error: too few arguments to function'dvb_usb_device_init'3- you should replace the existing driver, not proposing a differentdriver. I mean, patch directlylinux/drivers/media/dvb/cinergyT2/cinergyT2.c.
Furthermore, I have some questions:- is there a way to use the dvb-usb-remote module? This in order to getrid of cinergyT2-remote.c- so, renaming cinergyT2-core.c to cinergyT2.c would be correct?- stream buffer count was set to 32 in the old driver and you set it to5, why this change? It works perfectly with 5 and consumes less memoryso if this is the reason I fully agree!
I think the best way is to rework your patch and fix these issues; I canhelp you if you want.Then I will commit that in a particular tree and ask for pushing it tothe official tree.
_______________________________________________linux-dvb mailing listlinux-dvb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx://www.linuxtv.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/linux-dvb