Re: Kworld DVB-T 210 - dvb tuning problem

Hartmut Hackmann wrote:
> [...]
>>    .request_firmware = philips_tda1004x_request_firmware
>> };
>> ------------------------------
>>
>> Add this:
>>
>> ------------------------------
>> static int kw210_tuner_init(struct dvb_frontend *fe)
>> {
>>    struct saa7134_dev *dev = fe->dvb->priv;
>>    philips_tda827x_tuner_init(fe);
>>    /* route TDA8275a AGC input to the channel decoder */
>>    saa7134_set_gpio(dev, 22, 1);
>>    return 0;
>> }
>>
>> static int kw210_tuner_sleep(struct dvb_frontend *fe)
>> {
>>    struct saa7134_dev *dev = fe->dvb->priv;
>>    /* route TDA8275a AGC input to the analog IF chip*/
>>    saa7134_set_gpio(dev, 22, 0);
>>    philips_tda827x_tuner_sleep(fe);
>>    return 0;
>> }
>>
>> static struct tda827x_config kw210_cfg = {
>>    .tuner_callback = saa7134_tuner_callback,
>>    .init = kw210_tuner_init,
>>    .sleep = kw210_tuner_sleep,
>>    .config = 0
>> };
>>
>> static struct tda1004x_config kworld_dvb_t_210_config = {
>>    .demod_address = 0x08,
>>    .invert        = 1,
>>    .invert_oclk   = 0,
>>    .xtal_freq     = TDA10046_XTAL_16M,
>>    .agc_config    = TDA10046_AGC_TDA827X,
>>    .gpio_config   = TDA10046_GP11_I,
>>    .if_freq       = TDA10046_FREQ_045,
>>    .tuner_address = 0x61,
>>    .request_firmware = philips_tda1004x_request_firmware
>> };
>> ----------------------------
>>
>> Change this:
>>
>>    case SAA7134_BOARD_KWORLD_DVBT_210:
>>        dev->dvb.frontend = dvb_attach(tda10046_attach,
>> &kworld_dvb_t_210_config, &dev->i2c_adap);
>>        if (dev->dvb.frontend) {
>>            if (dvb_attach(tda827x_attach,dev->dvb.frontend,
>>                   kworld_dvb_t_210_config.tuner_address, &dev->i2c_adap,
>>                                &kw210_cfg) == NULL) {
>>                wprintk("no tda827x tuner found at addr: %02x\n",
>>                    kworld_dvb_t_210_config.tuner_address);
>>            }
>>        }
>>        break;
>>
>> However, I need you to explain something for me.
>>
>> There is no difference if I use this:
>>
>>    saa7134_set_gpio(dev, 22, 1);
>>
>> or this:
>>
>>    saa7134_set_gpio(dev, 21, 1);
>>
>> I await your guidance, meanwhile I shall apply my
>> modification to enable the remote and ensure it
>> doesn't have any effect.
>>
>> Many thanks to you both,
>>
>> Regards,
>> Tim
>>
> Again progress, excellent!
> I think we will need one further interation. If i go through your
> changes and comments, i come to the opinion that we will get the same
> with less changes. But if i understand this right, its astonishing
> that your
> card worked a bit. But let me go through your last patch again tomorrow -

Hi Hartmut,

I was wrong:

->There is no difference if I use this:

->   saa7134_set_gpio(dev, 22, 1);

->or this:

->   saa7134_set_gpio(dev, 21, 1);

This is wrong.
It only works at all when it is this:   saa7134_set_gpio(dev, 22, 1);

With this:   saa7134_set_gpio(dev, 21, 1); it does not scan anything at all.

I proved this out by modifying the source, rebuild v4l-dvb,
and then instead of rebooting, I power-cycled each time.

There are 2 problems here:
1) With no modification, I must switch to analog tv before I can switch
to dvb-t.
    If I am using Kaffeine, and then wish to use Me-tv, I must view
analog tv
    in between.

2) With no modification, dvb-t will not scan SBS unless analog tv viewed
first.

With this modification, both problems vanish.

I have not yet tested radio.

Regards,
Tim