Re: Kworld DVB-T 210 - dvb tuning problem

Am Freitag, den 11.04.2008, 00:08 +0200 schrieb Hartmut Hackmann:
> HI, Tim
>
> timf schrieb:
> > Hi Hartmut,
> > OK, found some more spare time, but very, very frustrated!
> >
> > 1) Tried ubuntu 7.04, 7.10, 8.04
> >     Tried with just modules that exist in kernel (no v4l-dvb)
> >    Tried v4l-dvb from June 2007 and tried current v4l-dvb
> >    Tried with/without Hartmut patch - changeset 7376    49ba58715fe0
> >    Tried with .gpio_config   = TDA10046_GP11_I, or .gpio_config   =
> > TDA10046_GP01_I,
> >    Tried using configs in saa7134-dvb.c matching tiger, tiger_s,
> > pinnacle 310i, twinhan 3056
> >
> >     # Australia / Perth (Roleystone transmitter)
> >     # T freq bw fec_hi fec_lo mod transmission-mode guard-interval hierarchy
> >     # SBS
> >     T 704500000 7MHz 2/3 NONE QAM64 8k 1/8 NONE
> >     # ABC
> >     T 725500000 7MHz 3/4 NONE QAM64 8k 1/16 NONE
> >     # Seven
> >     T 746500000 7MHz 2/3 NONE QAM64 8k 1/16 NONE
> >     # Nine
> >     T 767500000 7MHz 3/4 NONE QAM64 8k 1/16 NONE
> >     # Ten
> >     T 788500000 7MHz 3/4 NONE QAM64 8k 1/16 NONE
> >
> > 2) I have these saa7134 cards:
> >     - pinnacle 310i
> >     - kworld 210
> >
> >     This cx88 card:
> >     - dvico DVB-T Pro hybrid (analog tv not work)
> >
> > -   problem only occurs with kworld 210 in linux (works fine in WinXP)
> >
> > 3) In WinXP, all channels, both analog tv and dvb-t found
> >
> > 4) In linux, if start dvb-t first, never scans SBS - dmesg1
> >
> > 5) In linux, if start analog tv first, stop, then start dvb-t, scan
> > finds SBS - dmesg2
> >
> a) The pinnacle 310i finds everything?
>     It has the same chipset, but an almost perfectly handled tuner chip...
>     This means that your initial config file is ok...
> b) Does this mean that in case 4, all other channels are found?
> c) Case 5: This finds everything?
> d) What happens if you use the scan data of the pinnacle card?
>     Does it tune SBS? Does it just take more time to stabilize?
>     This can be understood.
> e) Just to be sure: did you clarify the open point with .antenna_switch
>     (i think so)
> f) the kernel logs are as expected.
> <snip>
>

> > 6) Herman mentioned something called a "mode-switch" in the archives,
> > but not any description.
>
> I guess he meant the switching between analog, radio and dvb-t. This is the
> GPIO handling and card depending.

Tim must have it from when I mentioned the special case of card=87 and
94.

> > I tried to find some data sheets for tda8275 tda8290 but only found the
> > publicity pdf file from Phillips,
> > so at least I can see they go together, so I presume this "mode-switch"
> > is coded into those modules.
> > But those modules work for all other cards, so now I'm lost again.
> >
> > What else should I try?
> >
> If my assumptions above are wrong, there is one other chance:
> Recently i saw another card that does the (unusual) mode switching
> like card 87. So to be sure, you might try to force this card type (be
> aware of the antenna inputs, if in doubt, try both.
>
> Best regards
>    Hartmut

For the Medion8800 Quad and CTX948 also showing this issue, needs to
tune analog first to have good recepton on DVB-T, they are a little
weaker on analog than other cards, but after that on DVB-T, they are as
good than known good others.

Cheers,
Hermann