Re: TT Connect S2-3650 CI unsupported device but partially working

Hi!

I've been messing with this card all day and i found out that there
was something missing in my
vdr build script. I forgot to apply vdr patches.

After i compiled vdr-1.6 and multiproto ( changeset <=7207). I can
finally watch channels in vdr.

remote control 100% working
DiseqC, DVB-S and DVBS-2 working in vdr.

Minus side:
No CI support
vdr needs help from szap once ( i have to run szap once after i insmod
drivers if not vdr won't lock "stb0899_read_status: Unsupported
delivery system")
DVB-S and DVBS-2 can't work together, you can either use DVB-S or
DVBS-2 to switch mode you have close vdr and run szap in DVB-S or
DVBS-2.
There are packet losses from the TS.

I have even test the new pctv452e.c posted by Dominik Kuhlen on Mar 16
http://www.linuxtv.org/pipermail/linux-dvb/2008-March/024571.html

Plus side:
TS packet losses FIXED :)
Works with multiproto changeset 7208 and above
No need for szap after insmod drivers

Minus side:
it hard to lock channels withs this new driver or is it new multiproto
changesets? you have to switch to many different channels and in the
end it locks.
scan and szap doesn't seem to work with latest multiproto "ioctl
DVBFE_GET_INFO failed: Operation not supported"
maybe i need new versions ? is there any other patched versions ?

Thanks you Dominik Kuhlen, André Weidemann and everybody here @
Linux-DVB you guys rock :)

I have attached patch for this card, its basically André Weidemann's
s2-3600 patch i changed all the
3600 references to 3650_ci and changed the product id.

Make sure to apply the patch for the PCTV 452e first!

Best regards,
Faruk