Re : DVB-S DVB-S2 and CI cards working on Linux

On 03/19/2008 05:39:49 PM, Michael Curtis wrote:

> I have repeated my question and BTW thank you to those that responded
> earlier
>
> But I have to say that no one has answered the question that I posed
>
> "Are there any DVB-S/S2/CI cards that work at present on Linux? If so
> would really appreciate knowing which ones they are"
>
> Is there anyone that is watching either FTA DVB-S, DVB-S2 and/or
> decrypted program material via a CI, on a linux box?

> First of all my thanks to all those engaged in developing drivers for
> the various cards for the Linux OS and my apologies for repeating
> this
> question previously asked by others
>

> Are there any DVB-S/S2/CI cards that work at present on Linux? If so
> would really appreciate knowing which ones they are
>

> I have had a TT3200 DVB-S2/CI card for more than a year and I have
> still
> not got this to work using the Multiproto drivers on Linux, in fact
> it
> seem that I am going backwards with this card with the latest errors
> appearing in dmesg:
>
> stb0899_search: Unsupported delivery system
>
> This is with the latest drivers from "http://jusst.de/hg/multiproto";
>
> Changeset 7212:b5a34b6a209d
>
> I will gladly offer up the log/dmesg/lsmod information if someone can
> help
>
> At the moment, I feel frustrated and lack the confidence that working
> drivers are are going to be available for this card
>
> Kind Regards

I was using a TT S-1500+CI with aston CAM and enjoying DVB-S crypted
with no problem.
Now using a TT S-3200, DVB-S+CI works only on some transponders, others
are a bit unreliable (sometimes corruptd picture, sometimes no lock).
Hopefully this can be resolved soon.
No DVB-S2 transponders around here, so..
Bye
Manu