Re: NXP 18211HDC1 tuner

looks like possible bug found!

Jarryd Beck wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 14, 2008 at 2:19 PM, Michael Krufky <mkrufky@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>>  This all happens very quickly on the hardware that I've tested ( a
>>  cx23887-based pcie card and a cypress fx2-based usb device).  I've also
>>  heard good reports on saa713x-based pci cards.  Is the i2c slow in the
>>  af9013 driver?

Just checked from code and it looks like it is 60 kHz currently. It is
not clear for me how kHz correlates to value written to register so let
is be this time.

>>  The tuner driver is programmed to use 7mhz dvbt with IF centered at 3.8
>>  mhz -- is the demod set to the same?

hmm, I think there is bug now. I compared eeprom dumps and found that my
MT2060 has IF1 = 36125 and eeprom of this device says it should be IF1 =
  4300. Is 4.3 Mhz close enough (we are speaking same thing?)?

Jerryd, change .tuner_if = 36125 to 4300 . It can be found from af9015
module.

> How do I find out about the demod? Is the speed of af9013 a question for
> me because I have no idea.

One thing to test speed is also commenting out "program tuner" part from
af9013 so it does not ask tuner to go frequency. It did not tune then.

But, I still needs debug logs of the af9013. Then I can compare much
more easier usb-sniff and debug values got from driver.

Antti
--
http://palosaari.fi/