Re: TDA10086 with Pinnacle 400e tuning broken

Hi,
hermann pitton schrieb:> Am Mittwoch, den 06.02.2008, 09:17 +0100 schrieb André Weidemann:>> Hartmut Hackmann wrote:>>>>> Are you sure that it is a lnbp21 on your board?>>> What kind of satellite equipment do you have?>>> - a single LNB, so the 22kHz tone is enough.>>> - a Multiswitch?>>>   if yes, which commands does it need / understand?>>>   - nothing but the tone?>>>   - a tone burst to switch between satellites and the tone?>>>   - full diseqc (2?) serial messages?>>>>>> I got a board with tda10086 and lnbp21 let and started measuring.>>> voltage switching and static tone work fine with the current>>> configuration.>> Hi Hartmut,>> I got the same tuning problems as Patrick. After your patch the Pinnacle >> 400e is not working anymore. I can get a signal, but no lock at all.>> I took a look at the PCB and there is definitely an LNBP21PD soldered >> onto it.>> Your patch disables the modulation of the 22kHz signal inside the demod >> as fas as I understood, but then the LNBP21PD was supposed to generate it.>>>> Unfortunately this is not possible with the Pinnacle 400e. I took a look >> at the LNBP21PD datasheet which states, that DSQIN is supposed to be >> connected to GND if you don't want the 22kHz signal to be generated by >> the LNBP21 itself. Guess what?! Pin 14(DSQIN) is connected to GND.>>>> For the time being I reverted your patch on my local system and the >> Pinnacle 400e is working flawlessly again.>>>>   André>>> > > Hi,> > we should try to get this sorted.> > With the prior state, working for Andre and others, it does not work on> the LifeView Trio (PCI and cardbus) and the saa7134 driver. Three guys I> think reported it and Hartmut did wait with the patch for long and> allowed about half a year for testing ...> > So, if we can't fix it soon, prior state of course counts and those> later will have to use the patches further. Such a "fix" can always be> committed prior to 2.6.25 release.> > Hermann> I think Andre gave the important hint: Obviously there are boards witha separate modulator for the 22kHz signal. I must say i haven't expected that.But now we know what needs to be done:We have to make the tone generation a config option for the tda10086.Default state should be off and we need to find the boards which need it on.I will post a patch here asap.
Hartmut
_______________________________________________linux-dvb mailing listlinux-dvb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx://www.linuxtv.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/linux-dvb