Re: TDA10086 with Pinnacle 400e tuning broken

Hi, Patrick

Patrick Boettcher schrieb:
> Hi,
>
> In
>
> http://www.linuxtv.org/pipermail/linux-dvb/2007-June/018757.html
>
> there is a patch which breaks support for the Pinnacle 400e USB device.
>
> I just updated yesterday to the head of hg and noticed that it wasn't
> working anymore.
>
> I tracked all patches since I had a working version up to this one.
>
> I'm not having a data sheet of the TDA10086 so I cannot really help to
> track. My guess is, it is bit7 or register 0x36 which causes the problems.
>
> As Hartmut is saying in his email: "I need to check whether this pach is
> valid for all combinations of chips." - the answer is no ;)
>
> please help,
> Patrick.

This bit defines whether the chip provides a modulated 22kHz signal or just
the envelope at its diseqc output.
Can you track the problem down to this bit? If yes, which LNB supply chip is
on this board?
If i understand the LNBp21 and isl64xx datasheets correctly, these chips will
always use their internal 22kHz oscillator, it can just be turned on and off.

Best regards
  Hartmut