Re: The new Terratec Cinergy C PCI

CityK wrote:
> Manu Abraham wrote:
>> The comment was that this card is identical to the VP-2033, no
>> differences) True it is, the only difference is in the PCI Sub ID's.
>>
>> The demod and the PLL is there at the same I2C addresses too. This was
>> verified from your logs, that the frontend attached successfully: This
>> means communication with the frontend is also working as expected.
>>
>> Now, the whole frontend is in one metal can, hence there can be no
>> difference at all wrt the VP-2033.
>>
>> AT this point, i figured, somehow though the VP-2033 worked for some,
>> it wasn't working as expected or maybe broken. This was why i asked
>> somebody else to test wrt the VP-2033.
>>
>> So eventually that part has to work, for sure, since till this part is
>> fine.
>>
>> Now the only thing that comes to my mind is the CU1216 module is using
>> a newer TDA10023 instead of the TDA10021. (In case, if all your tests
>> went in the right direction)
>>
>> To verify this part, once you made sure that everything else is fine,
>> look at the Inscription on the
>> Metal can: Need the complete text on the tuner, need this to confirm
>> that it is not a newer demod
>>
>> Just take some time on it, have some patience and look at these points
>> what i outlined.
>> The correct information can make things easier a lot.
>>
>> PS: From your logs, all the aspects do look fine, ie: don't see any
>> failures/errors
>
> Ahh, here's the reason for all the confusion. The assumption was that
> the TerraTec card was identical to the the VP-2033:
> http://www.twinhan.com/product_cable_2033.asp
>
> But, its not identical. Rather, it is based on the near similar VP-2040.
> See:
> - http://www.twinhan.com/product_AD-CP400-2.asp
> -
> http://tven.terratec.net/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=267

Didn't really look for the exact model :-( Thanks for pointing this out,
will make
the relevant changes.

> Manu Abraham wrote:
>
>> Tuomas Jousimaa wrote:
>> > The patch works as expected.
>>
>> Thanks for testing, i have pushed the patch into the tree.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Manu
>
> I see from the wiki history that "Cirion" created a stub for the
> TerraTec card:
> http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/TerraTec_Cinergy_C_DVB-C
> I've applied standard formatting for the article page, but will go no
> further (i.e. It could use some attention from some end users)
>
> In addition, I see that user "Rho" moved the card from the unsupported
> section to the supported section in the list of DVB-C cards. I have
> moved that out to the experimental support section, as this is not yet
> mainline kernel supported. I've added the Azurewave models to that
> (experimental suppport) section too, as evidently the VP-2033 is in
> working order with Manu's Mantis drivers (see:
> http://marc.info/?l=linux-dvb&m=120142695124807&w=2 ,
> http://marc.info/?l=linux-dvb&m=120109119824259&w=2 ), and given that
> the TerraTec card is working, I would think that it is a pretty safe bet
> to assume that the VP-2040 is also working.

Yep. nevertheless will update the driver changes for the relevant models,
such that confusion doesn't prevail. The difference between the 2033 and
the 2040 is the difference in the detachable daughterboard. Rest is all the
same. But there is a slight catch, the Subdevice ID for the VP-2040 is
different from the Cinergy C PCI and will need another patch for the ID's