Re: TDA10086 with Pinnacle 400e tuning broken

Hi,

On Wed, 30 Jan 2008, Hartmut Hackmann wrote:
> >> If i understand the LNBp21 and isl64xx datasheets correctly, these chips will
> >> always use their internal 22kHz oscillator, it can just be turned on and off.
> >
> > I don't see how to turn on 22kHz on LNBP21. How can this be done?
> >
> > Patrick.
> >
> My understanding is that this needs to be done through the diseqc control:
> via i2c control of the lnbp21, yo can either turn the tone permanently on
> or let it be controlled by a pin - through the channel decoder.

The tda10086 is not generating the tone? Only the lnbp21 can do it? The
bit7 only enables that on the lnb21, because it is configured to only do
it, when a specific line is 1?

In that case the lnbp21-driver is not prepared for having the tone forced,
it seems. So data sheet reading.

Actually I'm asking myself why it is wrong to not set the bit7 of the
tda10086? Could be a config option.

> Could it be that you somehow just forgot to choose the upper band in your tuning
> data / dvb application?

I'm only using dvbscan and vdr - never bothering about that - it simply
worked ;)

Patrick.

--
  Mail: patrick.boettcher@xxxxxxx