Re: Need suggestions for TV card

Hi Marco

Marco Di Fresco wrote:
> I am looking to get at least the support for the analog TV, but it would
> be great if I can also watch digital TV. I don't know if it matters
> (maybe for the local digital TV standad and for the market availability
> of the product), but I live in Italy (north-east).

My only analogue TV-card experience is with the Hauppauge PVR-350 which
is a very good card and the ivtv drivers are mature.

If you have a DVB-T broadcast antenna relatively close-by then a Nova
T500 should work fine. If you scan this mailing list you will find the
this card might be problematic in bad weather conditions and or if the
reception is bad in general. I'm living about 1.5km away from the
sender, so I think I cannot comment on that.

Look at the linux-dvb Wiki and look if the card of your choise is listed
there.

HTH

Carsten