Re: Need suggestions for TV card

On Mon, 2008-01-21 at 21:05 +0100, Carsten Aulbert wrote:

> Marco Di Fresco wrote:
> > I am looking to get at least the support for the analog TV, but it
> would
> > be great if I can also watch digital TV. I don't know if it matters
> > (maybe for the local digital TV standad and for the market
> availability
> > of the product), but I live in Italy (north-east).
>
> My only analogue TV-card experience is with the Hauppauge PVR-350
> which
> is a very good card and the ivtv drivers are mature.
>
> If you have a DVB-T broadcast antenna relatively close-by then a Nova
> T500 should work fine. If you scan this mailing list you will find
> the
> this card might be problematic in bad weather conditions and or if
> the
> reception is bad in general. I'm living about 1.5km away from the
> sender, so I think I cannot comment on that.

This card, outside of very poor reception, has reached a pretty good
level of stability, thanks to the great people on this list.

As you can read in the recent posts, it appears that only small tweaks
are needed here and there.

Dual tuners are great, and with MythTV supporting the recording of
multiple channels inside a single mux (i.e. more than 2 recordings at
the same time if the channels are sharing muxes), in trunk, things are
even better.

Be sure to build a recent tree with the few additional patches that did
not make it yet:

http://linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/Hauppauge_WinTV-NOVA-T-500

Nico
http://www.youplala.net/linux/home-theater-pc