Need suggestions for TV card

Hi all,
I guess this is a very redundant topic, but I can't see a way to search
the mailing list archives and Google isn't helping much; sorry about
that.

After more than 3 month of failing to make my AverTV USB 2.0 Plus to
work I decided that probably it would be easier if I look for another TV
card that is better supported under Linux.

I am looking to get at least the support for the analog TV, but it would
be great if I can also watch digital TV. I don't know if it matters
(maybe for the local digital TV standad and for the market availability
of the product), but I live in Italy (north-east).

I'm currently using Kubuntu 7.10 64 Bit. An external TV card would be
preferable (but not obligatory - I still have some free slot on the
motherboard, but not so many so I prefer to keep them for internal-only
devices).

What would you suggest?

Thank in advance.

--