Re: Pinnacle dual Hybrid pro PCI-express - linuxTV!

romain.matu@xxxxxxx wrote:
> Hello
> I red this on the wiki of Linuxtv.org:
>
> "If you own one or more devices from the following list and you want to help
> with support development, please contact the linux-dvb Mailing list."
>
> Actually I own a Pinnacle dual hybrid pro PCIe (3010i) that is not supported by
> linux. I must watch TV under windows, and I hope one day I could watch it under
> Linux (my os = ubuntu x64) !
>
> Therefore, I propose my help to develop the linuxTV project, even if I don't
> really know what I can do...

Hi Romain,

Thank you for contacting the list. The initial steps you can take to
help are:

a) provide the relevant output of:

"lspci -vvn" -- which will provide the subsystem ID info, as well as
confirm the PCIe bridge

and from "dmesg" -- which may provide some other info about detected
components upon the card

b) visually identify and report what components are being used on the card

c) start off an article for the card in the wiki
(http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/Pinnacle_Dual_Hybrid_Pro_PCI_Express)

and hopefully also be able to upload some images of the device to that
article.

After which, everyone will be in a much better position to advise from
there. Hopefully the components are similar to other supported devices,
and it may be a question of some minor tinkering to get it supported.
However, as support for PCIe based devices is relatively immature, it is
more likely not to be such a case. But still, your device may be
decently similar or related to someone's work (or interests) that they
may be able to help you out in regards to support development -- but
there is no guarantee. First things first though; lets see what info you
can provide.

Cheers