Re: HVR-4000

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
> Datum: Tue, 15 Jan 2008 12:06:34 +0100
> Von: "Ian Bonham" <ian.bonham@xxxxxxxxx>
> An: "linux-dvb@xxxxxxxxxxx" <linux-dvb@xxxxxxxxxxx>
> Betreff:  HVR-4000

> Hi all,
>
> Ok, I need to be really stuipd here, but maybe someone can help me. I've
> got
> my HVR-4000 working with MythTV and the basic DVB-S channels, but I keep
> reading threads about DVB-S2 working with this patch, that diff, and
> szapped
> the other. However, I'm now COMPLETLY lost!
>
> Can someone please please give me some basic advise?
>
> 1> Will the HVR-4000 recieve DVB-S2 in MythTV? If so, how? Please explain
> step by step. What do I need to checkout, what diff's do I need and so on.
> can do the basic's using svn, and compile like a grown-up, so please just
> point me to the current workable solutions for MythTV if any.
>
> 2> Is the DVB-T portion of the card working under MythTV? If so, please
> see
> above!
>
> 3> If the FM tuner working? I'm seeing in my boot log /dev/radio0 is
> created, so is there a good way of getting that accessable? I've done a
> little reseach and seen apps such as Dengerinradiofm may work with that FM
> tuner, is this correct or am I wasting my time?
>
> I'd really appriciate any help anyone can offer on this, as there seem to
> be
> so many solutions and hacks floating about it's becoming impossible to
> keep
> up! I've got DVB-S and analogue TV working on the card, but I would like
> access the DVB-S2 channels on Astra 28.2E. Also, there are many DVB-T
> channels I'd like to get access to here in Spain, but currently am un-able
> to access them.
>
> If anyone could take 10 mins please to point me to what to checkout, what
> diff's to apply and so on I'd be really really thankful,
>
> All the best, and thanks to everyone working on this superb bit of
> hardware,
>
> Ian

Hello,
I'd like to help but instead I'll have to echo Ian's frustrations.
A big thank you to everyone who has worked on this, but could someone please take a few minutes to
a)update the DVB-S2 Wiki pages (http://linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/DVB-S2_PCI_Cards)
b)explain how and when all the pieces of DVB-S2-relevant code will be merged into the kernel and dvb-apps.

Hans.

--
Release early, release often.