Re: DVB scan fails with Nova-TD - please help?

       I don't know if my experience with a nova-t stick can help,
but... I found similar problems with that stick (as far as I know, the
nova-td is like two nova-t in the same stick), my problems where:

* With windows driver (hauppauge) able to scan, tune and watch around
40 channels (tv/radio) without any problem
* With linux drivers (linuxtv), able to scan only around 30 channels,
and some of them where not watchable (high "unc" values).

My signal strenght was something between 48-52% (depending on the
frequency), so I assumed it was a problem of signal strenght (I bas
obsessed with signal amplification options!). Last week, the guy from
the antennas store came to my house and he solved the problem...
installing an *attenuator**!! He told me that, despite software signal
strength reported was around 50%, his equipment was reporting
90dB-100dB of strength, very high. After installing the attenuator,
signal strength is around 15-21%, and I can tune and watch all
channels without problem. Seems that the windows drivers (or the
firwmware) are able to deal with high strength signal (I don't know
about quality) and that cannot be done under Linux?

Well, just my experience, to see if that may help you.

Best,
Jose