Re: [Proposal] Regarding the mailing lists

Michel Lespinasse wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 10, 2008 at 06:33:13PM -0500, CityK wrote:
>
>> - merge/consolidate  the  and [video4linux-list]  into one
>> "[LinuxTV-users]" list
>>
>> - that a separate, but totally open and transparent, "[LinuxTV-devel]"
>> list be created for the express purpose of housing v4l and dvb subsystem
>> development discussions ...
>>

> The dvb/v4l merging seems to be a good idea. WRT the user/devel split,
> I think you need to make clear where bug reports need to go.

Agreed

> My instinct would tell me to send them to the devel list, but I would
> not be 100% sure.

To me, I'd say let everything initially fall on the user list --- as it
is most traffic on the lists is end users reporting problems ... on a
preliminary basis, separating out what is a bona fide bug and what isn't
would be too difficult to distinguish ... perhaps some sort of method of
evaluating an end user problem report and then elevating it onto the
devel list as a bug if it is so determined to be such?