Re: Start thinking about potential Google Summer of Code Projects we could run

CityK wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> Google summer of code will be rolling around in a couple of months.  Now
> I know we've talked a little bit about it before, but I don't recall
> what the thoughts on it were.  In any regard, on the surface of things,
> it would seem a perfect opportunity for the LinuxTV Project to leverage
> -- i.e. enslave a few students to get some desperately needed tasks,
> components, apps, drivers or whatever done.  Side benefit -- it might
> hopefully attact a few more developers to the project too -- get some
> new blood, stir up the pot, chase after nagging/long-time bugs etc, etc.
>
> So, I suggest we start thinking about or, better yet, discussing
> ideas/projects for which we could make use of the GSOC.
>
> (I, of course, was kidding about the enslavement part)

Some things useful that come to my mind:

* Help ffmpeg guys on better H.264 decoding and miscellaneous stuff
* The DVB decoder challenge [1] (some Math brilliant chaps might be able to handle it)

[1] http://linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/The_DVB_Decoder_Challenge