Re: Pinnacle PCTV Sat HDTV Pro USB (452e) packet loss

John Goacher wrote:

>>> Hi Manu,
>>>
>>> I was using an older snapshot, but I've now rebuilt and re-installed the
>>> driver following the instructions in the wiki entry at
>>> http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/Pinnacle_PCTV_Sat_HDTV_Pro_USB_%28452e%29
>>>
>>> I'm using what I believe to be the latest snapshot of STB0899 which is
>>> revision 5882 at http://linuxtv.org/hg/~manu/stb0899/rev/5b19ac1cddb5

That's an older snapshot. The latest changes you can see: http://jusst.de/hg/multiproto/log
So many changes went in after 5822, head is 5917 though only till 5916 is applicable to you.

Also it looks like the register initialization in the PCTV452e driver seems to be different from
budget_av and budget_ci, i don't know the exact reason for those changes, maybe has to
do with something with that hardware, but then i can't make out anything clearly from it.

> I've uploaded high resolution photos of the top and underside of the pcb at
> the following URLs:
>
> http://www.goacher.dsl.pipex.com/pctv/pctv452e_rev01_top.jpg
>
> and
>
> http://www.goacher.dsl.pipex.com/pctv/pctv452e_rev01_base.jpg
>
> The device is revision 01. By the way, is there any method for getting more
> error information from the device ? Do you know whether packets in error are
> discarded by the device without being passed to the device driver ? If so,
> is there a programmable option to pass error packets through to the device
> driver and application ?

if you load the module with verbose=5, you get a load of information from the STB0899
driver.

Please try applying the patches from the jusst.de tree on to your tree and see whether it
helps in some way. (hard to make out what it is, as it is) Many changes/bug-fixes occured
after revision 5882

Regards,
Manu