Re: Pinnacle PCTV Sat HDTV Pro USB (452e) packet loss

John Goacher wrote:
> Manu Abraham wrote:
>
>> John Goacher wrote:

>>> Hi Tony,
>>>
>>> I take your point, but the fact that I can receive the 28.2E channels
>>> perfectly with the PCTV under Windows XP, but not under linux (with the
>>> same
>>> hardware and feed), strongly suggests the problem is not signal quality.
>>> Similarly, the fact that I can receive Das Erste perfectly under linux,
>>> despite the signal from 19.2E being much weaker at my location, also
>>> suggests this.
>>>
>> When i looked at the pctv452 driver it was based on a older stb0899 driver
>> snapshot.
>> It still is based on the same ? There were many issues fixed in newer
>> changesets, so
>> i don't know whether the issue that you see is really a stb0899 driver
>> issue which has
>> been fixed already or maybe that the pctv device requires some specific
>> settings ? I
>> don't know.. I don't have much info on this device.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Manu
>>

> Hi Manu,
>
> I was using an older snapshot, but I've now rebuilt and re-installed the
> driver following the instructions in the wiki entry at
> http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/Pinnacle_PCTV_Sat_HDTV_Pro_USB_%28452e%29
>
> I'm using what I believe to be the latest snapshot of STB0899 which is
> revision 5882 at http://linuxtv.org/hg/~manu/stb0899/rev/5b19ac1cddb5
>
> Unfortunately, I still get the packet loss problem with this snapshot.

There can be 2 possibilities
* some pctv452 specific setting required, due to the hardware difference
* some unknown bug that gets explicitly noticed in a specific combination

In either case, can you please put up some high resolution pictures of your
device up some place (since i don't have much of an understanding about
your hardware configuration, hoping that the pictures might yield some clues) ?

Regards,
Manu