Re: Non blocking IO on dvr0 device

David Härdeman wrote:
> On Fri, November 9, 2007 03:33, Felix Domke wrote:
>
>> Banana Banana wrote:

>>> Try a more recent kernel?
>>>
>> No, this is not the correct response to a bug.
>>

> Of course it is when the poster's kernel is more than 2 years old (2.6.12
> was released on June 17, 2005).

<snip>

I'm aware that the kernel release is somewhat ancient in terms of
drivers and such. I was interested to find out if this was a known issue
with a known fix. I have a number of machines with identical
configurations and rolling out new kernel versions across a live system,
and disrupting it's homogeneity, without knowing if it will fix the
problem is something I was trying to avoid.
I've started the process of doing a system wide update on one of the
machines, because I realise that a lot happens between that many kernel
versions, but the danger of losing a live system and having to rebuild
is always there. I'll let you know if it fixes the problem.

Thanks,
    Simon...