Re: Non blocking IO on dvr0 device

Simon Hargreaves wrote:
> David Härdeman wrote:

>>> No, this is not the correct response to a bug.
>>>

>> Of course it is when the poster's kernel is more than 2 years old (2.6.12
>> was released on June 17, 2005).
>>

> <snip>
>
> I'm aware that the kernel release is somewhat ancient in terms of
> drivers and such. I was interested to find out if this was a known issue
> with a known fix. I have a number of machines with identical
> configurations and rolling out new kernel versions across a live system,
> and disrupting it's homogeneity, without knowing if it will fix the
> problem is something I was trying to avoid.
> I've started the process of doing a system wide update on one of the
> machines, because I realise that a lot happens between that many kernel
> versions, but the danger of losing a live system and having to rebuild
> is always there. I'll let you know if it fixes the problem
The update to the latest kernel version has broken my recording
programme completely and now returns device busy. I'm using dvbtune to
set up the dvr0 device for TS recording but it's now locking the device
so no other program can read from it. Is this a driver level change as
it used to work on the previous kernel version?

Simon...