Re: DVB-S2 API vs. HVR4000: When?

Gregoire Favre wrote:

>>> Seems like no one is interested.
>> yeah, apparently.
>
> Well, you only asked developpers... I think it would be a good idea...

You and I appear to be in a very small minority.

>> In reality, that was a year ago and maybe it's time to revisit DVB-S
>> support for the HVR4000. Given the current political climate I think I
>> like that idea. I'll rework the driver and present a patch later this week.
>
> HVR-4000 without DVB-S2 support could be added directly from
> http://dev.kewl.org/hvr4000/v4l-dvb-hg-2007-11-04.diff which is based on
> a removed hg repo. (See http://dev.kewl.org/hvr4000/ ).
>
> I always wondered why this patch (or previous ones) weren't included in
> v4l-dvb ???

I built an new tree last night with HVR4000 and HVR4000lite support
taken from my other trees. After testing I'll likely push that tree up
this evening. My dish is compromised right now, so no doubt we'll have fun.

Darron's patch has some IR and I2C related changes that I'm not
comfortable merging, without more information/investigation.

We can persue those after the test tree is built, and merge any
subsequent changes and/when required.

This will be a good step forward.

- Steve