Re: Testers wanted for alternative version of Terratec Cinergy T2 driver#

Hi,

>> The problem with removing and reattaching the CinergyT2 usb-device from
>> the computer without unloading the driver first is a bug of the dvb
>> framework and of Cinergy's new driver. To my understanding it happens
                         ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Hmm, I forgot to write the word NOT ... ie. it's a bug of dvb frameworks
in my understanding and NOT of Cinergy T2's driver. There is absolutely no
code in driver that handles usage counter directly.

> It would also be fine to be able to unload the driver before suspend,
> as I'm doing it now with the old driver. However, unloading your driver
> doesn't work because there seems to be an overflow in the usage
> counter. So that the kernel refuses to unload the module because the
> usage counter is > 0.

As I mentioned in my previous mail, please try the attached one-liner
patch for
dvb-core.c

Regards,
Tomi Orava