Re: random memory corruptions with asus p7131 (Re: asus p7131 vs ZDF?)

Wait! Please clarify whether you think that your problem is caused by
the _saa7134_ driver or the _saa7146_ driver.

You wrote 'that <memory corruption> is caused by the saa7146 driver,'
Is this a typo? Did you mean saa7134?

You are right my statement is wrong. To get it right, my asus has the
• tda10046a
• saa7131e
and not the saa7146 (which my brain generated using the numbers 7131 /
10046).

On saa7131 board, the memory corruptions may be caused by V4L overlay interface. On overlay mode, the driver sets the device to do a PCI2PCI memory transfer. This is known to cause troubles with some VIA and SIS motherboards.

If you load saa7134 with no_overlay=1, overlay mode will be disabled. Could you please test if this solves the issue?

AFAIK, some newer motherboards that had this problem can be corrected by upgrading its bios.

Cheers,
Mauro