Re: Port of em28xx and xc3028 to new hybrid tuner framework.

Aidan Thornton wrote:
> Hi,
>
> In the hope of having a driver that fits better with the v4l-dvb trunk
> than the currently available options, I've ported the analog parts of
> Markus Rechberger's em28xx and xc3028 drivers to the new hybrid tuner
> framework. (The analog bits are similar enough to his framework that
> this was fairly easy.) It hasn't been tested with anything other than
> the analog TV in on my HVR-900 (USB ID 2040:6500), so YMMV. The
> repository is at http://www.makomk.com/hg/v4l-dvb-makomk for anyone
> feeling brave.
>
> Digital is not supported as yet - I haven't even tried to get
> em2880_dvb working, and the xc3028 support is probably broken. (I'm
> unsure how to get the bandwidth setting in xc3028 and how to tell if
> the client wants DVB-T, ATSC or something else.)
>
> Any suggestions and comments are welcome.

Please take a look at the xc3028-fe.c file in the following patch:

http://www.linuxtv.org/~mkrufky/xc-bluebird.patch

You can use the logic used in that patch to determine ATSC / DVB-T / etc

...we might want to change this after multiproto is merged (if that happens anytime soon), because better options may be available at that point.

I was thinking of redoing that xc3028-fe module to include analog support soon, but if you're going to to work on it instead, it makes life easier for me :-)

Cheers,

Mike Krufky