Re: Port of em28xx and xc3028 to new hybrid tuner framework.

On 9/7/07, Michael Krufky <mkrufky@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Please take a look at the xc3028-fe.c file in the following patch:
>
> http://www.linuxtv.org/~mkrufky/xc-bluebird.patch
>
> You can use the logic used in that patch to determine ATSC / DVB-T / etc
>
> ...we might want to change this after multiproto is merged (if that happens anytime soon), because better options may be available at that point.
>
> I was thinking of redoing that xc3028-fe module to include analog support soon, but if you're going to to work on it instead, it makes life easier for me :-)

Thanks. That looks like roughly how I suspected it would work.

Unfortunately, I don't currently have any (practical) way of testing
DVB-T at the moment due to poor signal strength and a lack of a cable
between the loft aerial and anywhere.

On 9/7/07, Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> The tm6000 has a tuner-xc2028 driver that actually works also with
> xc3028, for tm6000. It contains both DVB and V4L logic, although yet not
> ported to the hybrid driver approach. IMO, shouldn't be hard to port
> though.

It won't be easy. Apparently, there's currently no way of sharing
state between the analog portion of the driver and the digital one
using the hybrid approach. (It looks like a separate instance of the
driver is used for each, and communication with the analog one seems
to be severely limited by the API.)

Aidan