Re: Hauppauge WINTV Nova-T 500 PCI

> BER, I think I understand this, Bit Error Rate means errors in the signal that
> could not be interpreted by the receiver. Should be as low as possible.
Yep. Bit Error Rate is the uncorrectable error rate AFTER decoding the
incoming stream. In other words it's the error rate of the transport
stream itself.
Most errors can be corrected by codes in the stream so if you see the
BER averaging much more than 0 you can be assured that your signal will
not be reliable.