Re: Hauppauge WINTV Nova-T 500 PCI

> On Thu, 2007-08-30 at 08:06 +0100, Nicolas Will wrote:
>>
>> >  At the server I have a 1-2 splitter
>>
>> Good quality splitter? Nothing plastic, ugly little metallic boxes are
>> usually better.
>
> You will want stuff like that
>
>         Low Insertion loss splitters, high separation
>         http://ec1.images-amazon.com/images/I/71RHV3VXVFL._AA280_.gif
>         http://www.toolstation.com/images/library/stock/webbig/66100.jpg
>         http://www.dj-electronics-ennogveelmeer.nl/images/Electronica_thuis/203479.jpg
>
> As opposed to that
>
>         crappy supermarket stuff
>         http://www.toolstation.com/images/library/stock/webbig/89954.jpg
>         (eeeew !)
>         http://www.mediacentral.com.au/images/GME-SA164f.JPG

I think I have quite good equipment (please tell me if you don't agree). Then
it's always room for improvements such as high-end equipment all the way from
Monster Cables, etc.
Sorry for the referenced pages in Swedish
- The amplifier is Televés 5523,
http://www.kjell.com/?item=30294&path=500000,2000000,3200000
- F connectors where possible (everywhere but at the TV's and capture cards)
- Splitters used is of metallic type with F connectors such as
http://www.kjell.com/?item=30432&path=500000,2000000,5500000,5600000
- Most of the antenna cable is of KTV 1.0/4.8 but I have made one mistake...the
cable to the basement and where the server is have KTV 0.8/3.6...

Actions I have planned for:
- Test the direction of antenna if there are any improvements that can be done.
- Replace the antenna cable to KTV 1.0/4.8

Question:
- When testing the direction of antenna, is there any good tool I can use on the
Linux server with the TV-cards to find the best setting. My regular DVB-T boxes
have that good signal so it's hard to use them. (on my Dreambox SNR= 99%,
AGC=60%, BER=~0)
- What values should a aim for...
* Highest possible Signal Strength
* Highest possible SNR
* Lowest possible BER

I executed dvbsnoop (with -s singal) during a scan and when finding channels I got:
Sig: ~46000
BER: 0

Can I trust the values from dvbsnoop?? Any better tool??

Best Regards
Joacim