Re: saa7146_i2c_writeout: timed out waiting for end of xfer

André Weidemann wrote:
> Oliver Endriss wrote:
> > Sigmund Augdal wrote:

> >> I've tried this patch on a box running 2.6.20 now for about a day and has not
> >> yet seen any i2c timeouts with it. I have tried to stress the i2c bus a bit
> >> by starting and stopping capture, retuning and browsing the MMI menus of the
> >> CAM quite a lot. I did however not see any pattern in when the i2c timeouts
> >> happened before applying the patch, so I can't possitivly confirm they are
> >> all gone.
> >
> > Ok, patch committed with minor modifications.
>
> Hi Oliver,
> I just had time to read the mailing list after several weeks and
> stumbled accross this thread.
>
> I have this error: "saa7146_i2c_writeout: timed out waiting for end of
> xfer".
> This error occurs with and without the patch, but only on my modded FF
> Card(TT1500 DVB-S) with 4MB. Any other card works flawlessly in the same
> comp and the very same PCI slot. I have two other TT1600 DVB-s which are
> not modded and working just fine.
>
> Could the problems be caused by the 4MB-Mod?

No, the 4MB-Mod has nothing to do with the saa7146.

It is not clear what causes these timeouts. Meanwhile I think that
these timeouts are not related to interrupt mode at all.

Please try the current HG driver. (Important because timeouts are now
logged in poll mode, too.)

If it still happens, please replace SAA7146_USE_I2C_IRQ by
SAA7146_I2C_SHORT_DELAY in av7110.c. Does it help?

CU
Oliver